Saturday, March 5, 2011

It is more blessed to give than to receive

Recently I felt the urge to share the blessings I was receiving with other ministries I knew about. One of which in the Philippines, House of Hope, the brother organisation to Harvest of Hope. The rehab centre in the Philippines operates humbly and the men there live by seeking God's provision in answer to prayer.

I had sat at home and prayed myself. I asked the Lord if I could send $1000 to the Philippine's ministry. I felt that $300 could go to the children they help (for they also operate a small school for impoverished children from nearby slums) and the remaining $700 to go to the men to take them out for a day. A blessing, for without funds taking 40 men out is a rarity. After the prayer, by faith, I decided to send the money and sent an email informing them about it and what the funds were for. I finished the email by stating this is From the Lord - not Jack. Something we can only state by faith. For when do we know or not know it is from the Lord but only by faith can we say so?

Within three hours I received an amazing email in return. The men stated that very morning they had prayed to the Lord asking for funds for their children's graduation and for taking the men out for their annual summer outing. All of which I knew nothing about. They praised God and knew instantly that the sending of the $1000 was a direct answer to the prayer. I myself also sat in amazement, for at that point you realise that the Lord Christ, through the Holy Spirit, had directed your hands, miraculously. The blessing is then shared for it is better to give than receive. For seeing God our faith increases and we marvel at His Love, compassion and guidance. The Living God - who acts in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment