Thursday, February 24, 2011

7777 - Quadruple Blessing

The number seven is a significant number throughout the Bible. 7 days of creation, the 7 miracles of Jesus in the book of John, the 7 churches of Revelation. etc. I often look for the number in seeking signs from God. I certainly avoid 666!

Today on the way to submitting my long overdue tax return I saw a car drive past with 7777 on its number plate and immediately my mind thought 'quadruple blessing'. My tax return included the submission of some land I had sold a few years earlier and I potentially owed a significant amount in capital gains tax. I was slightly worried. I had prayed to the Lord that if I only owed $20,000 dollars I would give $20,000 to charity. Not that one should make bargains with God, however it was my request all the same. And I felt reasonable in asking such, especially as I wanted the funds to go to Christian ministries in need. As I drove there I knew a few friends were praying for me and then the car drove past with the number...

On ending the meeting the tax return came to $21,000 owing (3x7), I felt the blessing immediately and thanked the Lord and took the opportunity to witness such to the accountant. Who smiled and said 'well there you go'.

On return home I received a letter from State Revenue stating that the stamp duty on Harvest of Hope's land had been wavered. A saving of $12,000 dollars. Second blessing. I was overwhelmed. I then received an email from a Pastor I had met; inviting me to come and speak to his Church about Harvest of Hope. Third Blessing. I was starting to catch on! And thanked the Lord in prayer.

Finally my submission for Masters Degree Thesis was accepted - 20,000 words on addictions, Idolatry and the first and second commandment of Love God and others. A true blessing to the ministry. Forth Blessing.

To Christ be all the Glory.

1 comment: