Saturday, March 10, 2012

Spirit strong - Flesh Weak

Over the last year I have been working on a large Christian website. http://www.thechristiannetwork.com Myself and another man visited many churches and people, introducing the website prior to its launch. We saw God open doors in many ways. As we went from one person to the next the 'network' expanded.

The Internet is after all.. a web. A net. Using it to catch fish is certainly an option.We prayed sincerely for God to use it to save people.
This week it is live and I am totally run down. Even caught a cold. God's way of telling me slow down. During the week was a visit to Thornlie Christian College sharing testimony to the whole assembly. As well as launching the site and continuing with a full time degree in nursing (intense by itself). By week's end I was almost burnt out after a night on Street Chaplains.

 We can not keep up with God's Spirit. Our flesh just isn't strong enough. Even living a healthy lifestyle; not smoking,  drinking or eating junk food. Consuming five vegetables a day, brown rice and lean protein, washed down with litres of water. No processed sugar.  With all of this, plus lots of excercise, keeping up with God is impossible.

This week I learnt that in trusting my flesh we fool ourselves. I have been taking vitamin C daily and eating lots of garlic. Fresh Garlic placed in water and downed in one. It's incredible for the immune system. One week ago I confidently (and foolishly) stated ,"I'll never get a cold". And yet here I sit sniffling, sneezing and coughing.

God is talking to me through this. What is the lesson? The flesh is weak but the SPIRIT is strong. In trying to keep up with God we reach our limits. We simply burn out. My healthy fit body let me know - "Enough - I cant keep this up!"
Imagine God's energy? Limitless, and without limiting flesh to slow Him down either.

Its time to rest. To rest at Jesus' feet with Mary (rather than rushing about like Martha). To let the burden be light and the yoke easy. In rest we recharge and let God comfort us. Jesus as we know often spent days and nights alone resting in prayer with God. He got away from all the pressure. He didn't go on water skiing holidays or camping with the kids and call that time with God. Nor did he travel to some exotic island to bask on the beach (and try to kid himself this was a spirtual retreat). No, he went into the wilderness or up big hills. He sat. He prayed. He connected to God spirtually. In doing that - God recharged Him whilst His physical body rested.

Time to pray ...and rest in God

God Bless

http://www.thechristiannetwork.com

1 comment:

  1. jack this is so wired Ive stumbled a pone the same website last week and here you are talking about it, just wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you and hope your ok brother. thanks for all your emails love hearing from you

    Chadd Easton
    ChEdEa51@gmail.com.au

    ReplyDelete