Friday, July 1, 2011

Philippines here we come!

Another Semester is over. Twenty two thousand words were written, many grey cells imploded and my skin toughened a little. I only have two Semesters left to complete a Masters of Theology. I would never have imagined such and can only sit in wonderment of God and where God leads us. My marks were blessed throughout and I thank God for His guidance in helping me persevere, even when I continually whined like a child and at times felt like quitting.
I am off to the Philippines during the break. Tickets are booked; I depart in two weeks to spend ten days with some brothers in a Christian Rehabilitation Centre. Going on mission is an integral part of a Christian’s life. Christ sent His disciples on short term missions. Part of the training before the Great Commission (Mt 24).

Seeing other parts of the world expands our horizons. Christianity is diverse and often differs greatly in the third world to our own westernized religion. Christian mission should incorporate helping others. Coming alongside people, bearing burdens and offering compassion. What good are words without action?. These techniques were utilised by the first disciples over and over.  

The blessing is also felt in just being on mission. People's spirit in the third world seems stronger than that in the west. They smile so much more, they have fewer idols in their hearts. I encourage anyone reading this to seek Christ in mission. But do not expect Him to be in squeaky clean environments. He gets His hands dirty and He works hard at helping the people who need Him. He is love in action.

This trip will help in my research of addictions and allow me to continue in practical discipleship. Christians should seek to grow, seek and you will find. God’s will is for continual change. Sanctification is never dormant. Living water flows, it does not stagnate.
I will write each day while on mission. God will be moving powerfully whilst in the Philippines. It has been nearly six months since my last trip (which was to Cambodia) therefore,  I am eager to get out on mission. Have daypack will travel. A few shirts, a few socks, one toothbrush and one Bible. What else do we really need, if God is truly in our heart?

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. You'll be back to Philippines! God use you mightily in your coming stay here. ^_^

    ReplyDelete