Monday, September 3, 2012

More Encouragement

Yesterday was a difficult day for me. For some reason I felt disheartened. Almost like my efforts were not achieving anything. There is no giving up though. As Peter said to the Lord Jesus "Where would we go? You are the Holy one the son of God". In other words, there is no where else to go - other than hell - not the wisest of options. Been there and done that before I knew God. The now and not yet of hell it is called theologically. When hell is in your heart and you do not even know it. You just live as an empty vessel chasing happy 'fixes'. Some call it bipolar. Fitting - the ups and downs of secular 'no meaning life'.

Thanks but no thanks. God is good - even when we are bad.

I cried out to God, asked for encouragement. Asked for help. Asked for forgiveness for selfish thoughts that had entered my head. Did God respond?

you decide...

That night I walked in to ChurchFreo, a wonderful ministry that feeds the homeless (and the servants!) here in Fremantle. A young Doctor that goes to my uni invited me to read out a particular psalm. And to give it conviction. The psalm was about crying out to God and asking for his help. I looked at her and said "God is talking to me through you, this is exactly how I feel"

The service was good, lots of Scripture and all about about God's patience and forgiveness and grace. One drunken man kept disrupting the service. We all had to show patience and forgiveness and grace. Sometimes the Lord is so near yet we can be so dull to His actual presence. He was literally orchestrating a physical occurrence to support the spiritual message. Just as He did his entire life on earth.
The Children in India
Afterwards I was encouraged and walked home. The following day (today) it rained.

I Adore rain. It is a blessing. being Scottish it doesn't bother me. Without it we would all die, the Israelites also called rain a blessing. When it rains I feel joy. I thanked God for the rain and watched people scurry about like it is acid. It isn't. its water.

Today myself and a friend received our results for a paper about Florence Nightingale. A high distinction. We thanked God . The encouragement was building.

A close friend in New Zealand emailed me to tell me she had read the whole bible. All of it. And she had stopped smoking. Two things I was always encouraging her to do. More Encouragement.

But the best news was still to come. Pictures from Cambodia and India. (Headed for India next). God sent through incredible photographs of baptisms, people receiving bibles and the Indian orphans being well looked after. It encouraged me to the point of tears. God's kindness leads us to repentance. None of it is deserving. The day before I felt like a useless wretch. Today on a High. God is good - all the time.

1 comment:

  1. each of your blogs is encouraging to all, as you encourage others constantly, in their daily walk, by reading God's word, sharing Blessings and giving Praise. God Bless you

    ReplyDelete